We are actively vaccinating adults of all ages so if you haven't already made an appointment please do so. We expect the child nasal vaccine to become available from mid-October but we won't book any child appointments unil we have the vaccine in case of unexpected delays. All 2 and 3 year olds will be called by SMS text message or letter. At-risk children (eg asthmatics) who are not included in the school programme will also be called in.
Flu vaccination is available free of charge to people in the defined at-risk groups. Read more to find out if you are eligible for a vaccination and how to book an appointment.
Flu vaccination is available free of charge for the following at risk groups:
- people aged 65 or over as at the end of March 2020
- all pregnant women at any stage of their pregnancy
- children aged 2 or 3 (vaccine will be available around mid-October)
And for people who have:
- a chest problem (such as asthma, bronchitis or emphysema)
- a heart problem
- kidney disease or liver disease
- a neurological condition (such as Parkinson's or motor neurone disease)
- a low immune system due to disease (such as cystic fibrosis or Crohn's disease) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- had a stroke
- a problem with the spleen (such as sickle cell disease) or if the spleen has been removed
You should also be vaccinated if you:
- live in a residential home - our District Nursing team will be visiting
- live in a nursing home - one of our GPs will be visiting
- are the main carer of an older or disabled person
We do not offer private flu vaccination.
Our housebound patients will receive a home visit from a District Nurse or GP.
If you are eligible for a flu vaccination you can book your appointment in several ways:
- in person
- by telephone on 01434 603627 but please wait until after 11am to avoid our busiest times
- online (see below)
To book your flu appointment online follow these instructions:
- Just log into your Appointments Online account as normal and select "Book New Appointment".
- On the booking screen select "Flu Jab" from the clinic list and "Any" for the date.
- Select "Any Nurse" to get a selection of dates and times
- The appointments are scheduled at 3-4 minute intervals which may make the appointment times look odd!
- Select and confirm your appointment in the usual way.
- If a husband and wife wish to book consecutive appointments please do but make sure you book them using your own Appointments Online accounts to avoid confusion on the day.