If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in the Practice, please let us know.

How to Complain
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

You should normally make a complaint within twelve months of the event, or within twelve months of becoming aware that you have something to complain about. However, these time limits may be waived if there are good reasons why you could not complain earlier and if we are still able to investigate the complaint fairly and effectively in spite of the delay.

Complaints can be made either orally or in writing to the Business Manager.

What We Will Do
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days either orally or in writing and will let you know how we will proceed with your complaint. 

We will aim to investigate and deal with all complaints efficiently and speedily. We will send you a written response with a report on the investigation as soon as reasonably practicable.  We will keep you informed if there are any delays in the process.

When we look into your complaints, we will aim to:

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our complaints procedure.  We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve the services provided by our Practice.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint at local level you can ask the Ombudsman to independently review your case by writing to:

The Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Or email
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Or phone: 0345 015 4033

If you would like help making a complaint you can use Independent Complaints Advocacy in Northumberland (ICAN).  They can be contacted at: Free post, PO Box 205, Hexham, NE46 9EA or by phone on  03332 408 468.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A letter signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.  Parents/Guardians are usually able to complain on behalf of their child.